Zipper questions are easy to answer, call or text 541-306-8727 for more information.
We fix, replace, upgrade and retrofit all kinds of zippers including outerwear jackets and pants, down jackets, life vests, tents, sleeping bags, backpacks, bike bags and even camper trailers and awnings.
Here’s the lowdown for when “My zipper doesn’t work!”
Zipper separates or opens when it zips up: Common on down jackets, tents, sleeping bags and packs. Jackets and sleeping bags can be repaired for $12 while you wait!
- If your zipper separates the slider is worn or bent and no longer mesh the teeth together– only the slider needs to be replaced.
- If you are in the field and want to (temporarily) fix it yourself, use pliers to bend it back to its original form, the trick is to bend just a little then test.
Broken teeth, missing teeth, or worn out coil zipper = new zipper:
Zipper replacement prices vary due to construction and upgrade options. We provide exceptional quality craftsmanship on zipper replacement. When replacing zippers, here are some things to consider:
- Sometimes only one side of the zipper needs to be replaced if it matches up with a new zipper, the cost can be reasonable and the result beautiful.
- Prices on zipper replacement vary due to construction– for jackets it depends if there is a wind-flap, seam tape, lining, binding, snaps, seam tape or Velcro connected to the zipper area.
- A simple zipper replacement in a jacket costs $35 with more complicated construction ranging $65, $75 & $85.
- Tent zipper replacement is charged by the foot ($9-$16/foot) but most tent zippers only need new sliders ($20-$35).
- Backpack and bag zipper replacement is billed by the hour.
- Keep in mind that matching zipper color can be tricky because manufacturers lab-dip zipper colors. Although we do our best to work with manufacturers on replacement zippers, matching exact zipper color and styles may not be possible and special orders on zippers is common.
Lets get you all zipped up!
Text or call: 541-306-8727
Tuesday 9:00 AM – 4:30 PM
Wednesday & Thursday 8:30 AM – 5:30 PM
Friday 9:00 AM – 4:30 PM
Sat 10:00 AM – 3:00 PM
Sunday & Monday CLOSED